Tuesday 20 July 2010

Update

I haven't been overly motivated lately to blog, and I'm not sure why. But I am going to try, because I am very lucky to have you lovely blog followers, and you must be pretty bored by my lack of posts lately.

Last week I actually dragged myself out of the house and went to see some friends... this is a rarity for me! I'm in no way a recluse, but if I am going out and about, it's usually with Mikee. But I decided that I should make a whole lot more effort with my friends who I know from the fairs we all do/Facebook. I'm so glad I made the effort... On Wednesday I was invited round the lovely Emily and Ari's house for something to eat. I know these two ladies from Vintage Pretty, and they are so so sweet!

Emily cooked some amazing food (vegan friendly!) and it was all so delicious. James was also there, he sells vintage clothing under the name of Dod's Vintage, and he knows Emily and Ari too. Their housemate Damien was also there, and it was so nice just to have a chat. I stayed pretty late and had such a nice time. It's so awesome to meet such lovely people, especially when you've had a few iffy moments with 'friends' for the last couple of months.

Thursday I met Tanaz (also a seller at my fairs). We had a couple of drinks in a cool bar in town called 10 Feet Tall, which is going to be the new venue for Vintage Pretty after this months. After that I popped to see Mikee just across the road doing the sound for a gig. I know it sounds sad but I like watching him work, especially as it all looks so complicated... I have no idea what he's doing! Haha.

Mikee was due to go camping with his friend on Friday, and as I had a driving lesson (the neverending driving lessons continue...) I said goodbye to him before I went. But when I got back he was still there. I thought maybe his friend had cancelled, but Mikee had actually fallen down the stairs and aggravated a recurring injury with his knee. I know I'm evil, but the thought of Mikee tumbling down the stairs did make me giggle... I'm awful! So, as he was stuck in now, we got an AMAZING (so amazing it needed caps lock) Indian takeaway and watched a film (Book of Eli - I was pretty underwhelmed).

Saturday was more staying in so Mikee could rest up. I made an actually really nice dinner (I surprised myself!) of rice, masala flavour potato wedges and the leftover sauces from the previous night (tadka daal and saag aloo), and we finally watched Superbad. I knew I'd love it, and I did! Michael Cera was awesome, Jonah Hill was good in his aggressive way, McLovin was amazing (haha) and the cops just totally stole the film... loved it! Especially the tale of drawing dicks on everything as a child!

Sunday Mikee and I went to see Inception. It. Was. Amazing. I really loved it, and pretty much everyone I've heard who has seen it loves it too. I used to adore Leonardo DiCaprio (I even had a little scrapbook of him when he was in Titanic... hey, I take my crushes seriously!), and he was brilliant in this. Actually all of the actors were... it was mindblowing. And so weird to see 'Juno' in a serious film, hehe. I would totally recommend you go see it if you haven't already.

So, thats what I've been up to really. I've also been buying up a storm on Etsy (I'm getting addicted) as I've decided to start selling jewellery again on the Santa Macabre stall. It's been a little quiet lately with sales so I'm hoping the jewellery makes it a bit busier! And it's so much fun buying cameos and other pretty bits and bobs!

Tonight, straight after work, I am off to see Eclipse for the third time! A few women at work were going and I couldn't really not tag along now... especially as it's Bargain Tuesday at Cineworld!

Oh, and speaking of vampires... I am loving True Blood right now! Franklin Mott is so so funny! I wasn't sure of his character at first (I'm sure he wasn't mentioned as much in the books... my memory is awful, but I am on book 9 so it seems ages ago!) but he's really weird and funny, I love his strange infatuation with Tara!



And I have to link you to this super funny post on Twilight's Bella... I adore Bella (and KStew!) but this post is kinda pretty true, and the Twitarded ladies are so funny at saying what we Twilight fans are all thinking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment