Tuesday 29 June 2010

Good times and good friends.

The weekend just gone was so much fun...

Unfortunately I am unable to upload the tons of photos I took, as my USB cable for my phone doesn't work on my work computer, my phone signal is dead (as the battery is also) so I can't email them to my Hotmail, and my laptop at home won't stay on for more than a few minutes at a time. So, for now please excuse the lack of photos... I will amend this as soon as possible!
EDIT: PHOTOS NOW ADDED... LOTS OF THEM!

Heidi came down on Friday evening! There are no words for how much I love this girl... we're very similar, but also not too alike. I think this is a good mix! The first thing we did was pop to Asda to get some food goodies, and then onto Kismet (our favourite Indian takeaway), where we ordered our usual, and as usual also it was shockingly cheap, only £8.50 for a huge amount of food that could feed three vegans with big appetites! As usual we had: Taaka Daal (lentil soup type thing, which I adore so much!), Vegetable Biryani, Saag Aloo (spinach and potatoes), rice and chips.
* Please excuse me for what is bound to be lots of spelling errors!



Heidi with her Halva! (A snack she wanted us to try!)


Heidi had got me so many amazing gifts from her recent Trek America trip... Plastic vampire teeth and a 'Team Cullen' baseball shirt (see, she knows me so well, I hadn't even told her I wanted one of these!)from her visit to Forks, Washington (how amazing is that! Though Heidi said Forks is pretty small and sort of dull), Religous icon bracelet (like Bella's!) and a cutesy little black bat ring from Port Angeles, a beautiful sugar skull ornament and owl ornament from San Francisco, as well as some yummy (and vegan friendly) Oreo's (chocolate creme) from Walmart (I think) and plastic Hawaiian flower garlands (again, she knew I wanted some of these)! I was so excited by all of my gifts... she is so amazing. I had also got her some car boot and charity shop finds, as well as a cute 'Pet Sounds' tee from our favourite site Threadless.

As if she hadn't been thoughtful enough, she had even cooked me a vegan quiche, full of broccoli, spinach, tofu... and made in a heart shaped tin... so so cute! I feel truly honoured that she would go to so much trouble. I am very lucky to have such a brilliant friend.



After our lovely present opening, we settled down to watch I Love You, Man (I LOVE that film!) and just relax. We had all gone to bed by 12pm as we were all pretty tired and with Vintage Pretty the next day, I knew we'd probably need our sleep!

Saturday was the day of Vintage Pretty. It was the quietest day we have had so far... it really bums me out when it's like that. Mainly because I am the organiser and I feel responsible, but also because being a seller there too, it is always a little disappointing when you don't sell much. Luckily Heidi sold £50 worth of her stuffed owls and robots (they're so cute!) and I made around £30 so it wasn't all bad! It was actually really nice to hang out with Heidi all day, and our friend Lewis (my ex-flatmate) and his/my friend Andy were there. I know Andy from years ago on Myspace and now Facebook. I've only met him once before (at the London Tattoo Convention a couple of years ago) but he's lovely. Anyway, he came down to stay with Lewis (they met at the same convention, as I arranaged to meet up with Lewis then who had come down seperately) and we arranged for him to sell at VP. He is an aspiring tattooist (as I once was) and his work is really coming on, I would have loved to have brought some of it, but due to the lack of sales couldn't!

So with Vintage Pretty being very quiet (despite running around town putting signs up directing people to us), it was mainly a day of just hanging out. I also got to spend some time with a lovely girl called Sam, and my trusty flyer girl Serena (who was having a stall for the first time), so it was a lot of fun. Fairs are very up and down, and with the beautiful weather lately, I'm sure most people would rather be at the beach!

My stall, Santa Macabre...







Andy's artwork...





Heidi and Lewis



Heidi's handmade plushies!



The lovely Sam!

Later that day, after we had taken all our stuff back to ours, we all (Mikee now included!) went for a walk to the park next to the castle in town. It was so nice to just chill out and enjoy the weather. Heidi and I considered going out but just didn't have the effort, so we headed back with Mikee and spent the rest of the evening listening to shoegaze music and eating! I love that we can all just hang out and not say much, it feels so comfortable.


Heidi took us on our first ever Geocaching!



In the park :)



Mikee always find things... even if they are very broken.



Andy and Lewis by the river.



Heidi and Lewis IN the river.



LOL, quite literally.



Two girls and a fork... and some Smirnoff Ice (I felt like a teen drinking it, been so long!)




Finallu, a decent pic of Mikee and I!



Heidi, chilling by the river.



After the park we got to meet Lewis' baby albino ferret Socrates. He is amazing.

Sunday, we all went to a couple of local car boot sales (the same old group from Saturday's park trip!). We all found some awesome things, and the second car boot sale we went to was a first for us. It is in Sully, and you can see the sea from where the cars are all parked and selling, such beautiful surroundings!

After the boot sales (it was around 1pm by the time we had finished, we had to cover a lot of ground, it's a big sale!) we headed to Penarth.



(This is the only reason I would like an iPhone, for the camera apps! Heidi took this pic with hers).

We all had a walk on the pier, ate some chips (one of my favourite pastimes!) and then made the big mistake of walking across the beach to the sea.



Chips on the pier, perfect!



The best posers around.



Love this picture, hate my hair looking weird, all kinda rug like...



See title of blog post.

The sand was completely and utter sludge. Deep, warm sludge. To me it looked like chocolate mousse with phlegm on top (it was that disgusting). It took us a long time to sludge and slime through this stuff, with a lot of "owwwwww!"s along the way. It was so unpleasant. The only thing was that when we finally reached the sea (the tide was out pretty far), the sand was still slushy and the sea itself was like chocolate milk. This was a bit of a bummer. Eventually we turned back but headed towards the pier so we could walk underneath and on the stones.



The sludge.



Heidi, in the mudpit.



Love this pic! Everyone looks like they're struggling in their own way to get out of the sludge!



We all thought this looked a promo shoot for a band or something...



View from under the pier.


Despite all the slush and the pain (the stones underneath the mud were sharp! Ouch!) it was so much fun on the beach, and I think things like this can make so many good memories!

Heidi had to catch her train at 4.45 so I walked her up there (the car tyre decided to deflate almost completely so that option was out) and said my goodbyes... it was so sad to see her go, but I'm hoping I see her soon, as it may be that she is moving here!

The flat below us is now empty, after our scumbag neighbours were told to leave (finally) and Heidi viewed it on Saturday. She is hoping to share with Mikee's longtime friend Leigh and I am so excited! I dont' want to be disappointed incase it doesn't happen, but if she did move down, I would be so happy! And Leigh's lovely too. Between them they have 4 cats so unfortunately Bambi and Bela wouldn't be allowed in!

So, things are looking a bit happier this blog entry round, and I would like to apologise for my sad posts lately... I still feel a bit, fragile I guess, but I guess all you can do is move on and try get on with things. Thanks so much for bearing with me, you are all so special.

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Haha, UK teens drink Smirnoff Ice too. Classic. (not that it was the only thing I gleaned from your post) I may be dating myself a little here, but during my teen days a proto-Smirnoff Ice came out called Zima. The thought of 16 year old boys trying to impress and entice girls with 6 packs of Zima is quite laughable and pathetic now, but back then it was the gold standard of classy moves.

    ReplyDelete