Monday 16 August 2010

A good friend is hard to find.

I can relate so much to the above saying. I realised lately, when talking to my ex flatmate and friend Lewis, that the bad luck he has with girlfriends, I seem to have that with friends...

I always expect friendships to break down now, because they have over the couple of years I have been in Cardiff. And before then, the group of friends I was involved with all fell out. And then my best friend pretty much ran when I got a long term(scumbag of a) boyfriend back when I was 18, as though she was grateful to be able to shift me over onto someone else. Now, don't get me wrong. This isn't a pity post. I just don't seem very... good... with friends, especially women.

I really do try my hardest with friends, but I have a feeling that may not be the best way to be... all the 'aloof' people seem to have longstanding friends, maybe I need to be a bit more like that?

Maybe I need to be willing to go out more?

I don't want to change but I think maybe I should 'adapt' a little better to those around me...

"Sometimes love isn't about how much someone suits you, but how much you're willing to change to suit them"

2 comments:

  1. i think - just do whatever makes you happy! i have the same "problem" - even i accepted it as a fact of my character that i dont get along much with "friends" when i am too involved in a friendship... i dont like this "have to feeling" and stuff - and i dont party a lot anymore and i dont drink and and and - i think friends who you can also contact after yrs are the best friends - who arent mad at you even if you dont say a word to them for a year or so..
    hope you figure out what is best for you!
    and thx for following my blog i will read some entries from you now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have the same problem with "friends". I've got one best friend whom I've been best friends with since my first day of secondary school and then I have a couple of friends from college.
    But other than that I had a few friends who I counted as my best friends just disappear from my life, one as soon as I got a bf even though I tried to make a real effort with her, and the other one I'd worked with and once I left my job I never heard from her although we used to hang out all the time.
    I get down about it sometimes as I question what I do wrong, but at the end of the day I think both people need to make an effort, and as long as I feel like I have then it's down to the other person, and if they can't be bothered with me then maybe they aren't the type of people I'd want as friends.

    ReplyDelete